10 Questions we ask every band...
Kamikaze Test Pilots
1. What are the names of your members?
Simon Buckett, Chris Charles, Ryan Niemandt, Wesley Niemandt
2. When did you all get together?
Band started in 2005, Simon joined in 2010 and Chris joined in August 2011
3. How did you all meet?
Ryan and Wes met when Wes was born. Wes was fucking ugly but Ryan was forced to play with him and that became a habit which stuck. Simon knew Ryan and Wes through gigs with his previous band Stone Baby and Chris knew the guys through gigs with his previous band Alzir.
4. How would you describe your music?
5. Who are your major influences
That question can be answered with another question, who aren’t our influences? The answer to this question is Morrisey, The Smiths, Spandau Ballet, Wham, the Cheeky Girls, The Corrs, Shabba Ranks and Milli Vanilli. This lot never influenced us ever.
6. Complete the sentence: One day as a band we hope to…
One day as a band we hope to be in a band who hopes to play music which we hope will pay our rent and hopefully get Simon and Wes laid... we hope.
7. Why should people listen to your music?
See the answer to question 4
8. What are your plans for the upcoming year?
We’ve got an album coming out we hope in the spring. We’re in the studio with most of it done now so we will put that out there and see what happens.
9. What albums/EP’s have you released so far and where can people get hold of them?
We have 3 EPs: “Into the Sun”, “Diaspora”, “Live” which are all available on I tunes, Amazon, Spotify etc. Alternatively if you are cheap you can boost our stats by continually listening to the songs we have posted up on Myspace, Facebook, our website and other sources.
10. Finally – say something profound that will make everyone think:
If you work under an asshole you will get crapped on.
Check out Kamikaze Test Pilots for yourself HERE.